Pages

The Collection - The Disease

Dear Marjorie - My husband is 46 years old and spends most of his time playing with toy trains. He doesn't pay any attention to me these days.

Dear M - You have my deepest sympathy! Unfortunately, this condition is well known and is usually terminal. Very few people ever fully recover. However, you can turn this situation to your advantage! Trainaholics are so oblivious to their surroundings that you can bring as many men back to the house as you want - your man will never know!


Whatever you do though, don't get rid of your train fanatic - they are notoriously good at paying the bills! Blessings

When I first read this letter in a women's magazine I was shocked, devastated, mortified........

It took me a while to comprehend the truth in these words, but I am determined to 'clean up' my act.

No more trains!

The disease started .......... continue reading my incredibly boring history


affiliate_link



Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Bulk Grain Wagon - B885040 (genuine Hornby Dublo)

Here's another from the plastic age ....what was that song about the plastic age "living in the plastic age, doo doo do doo doo do doo"?

The grey bulk grain carrier B885040 was the very first Hornby Dublo 'super detail' model wagon to roll out of the Liverpool factory in 1958, when they retooled for plastic molding.

(they sang with really weird electronic voices - either that or they were from another planet)

Most of these wagons have gathered dust over the years. Yes, I know I should have made my wife dust them more frequently, but at 12 years old I wasn't very demonstrative. I haven't scrubbed them with any kind of fluid, merely flicked over them with a paint brush (no paint - OF COURSE! duh! Oh - I do so dislike that sound....It's SO American!)




No damage and no paint to chip. Kissable in fact.

Buggles!! Living in the plastic age! circa 1979. Hey, the old grey matter hasn't deserted me entirely.

It's only the postman! what?
blog comments powered by Disqus