Pages

The Collection - The Disease

Dear Marjorie - My husband is 46 years old and spends most of his time playing with toy trains. He doesn't pay any attention to me these days.

Dear M - You have my deepest sympathy! Unfortunately, this condition is well known and is usually terminal. Very few people ever fully recover. However, you can turn this situation to your advantage! Trainaholics are so oblivious to their surroundings that you can bring as many men back to the house as you want - your man will never know!


Whatever you do though, don't get rid of your train fanatic - they are notoriously good at paying the bills! Blessings

When I first read this letter in a women's magazine I was shocked, devastated, mortified........

It took me a while to comprehend the truth in these words, but I am determined to 'clean up' my act.

No more trains!

The disease started .......... continue reading my incredibly boring history


affiliate_link



Thursday, April 30, 2009

Taking Life Seriously



I poke fun at everyone and everything - usually I have myself at the top of the list to take the rap. Religion is my favourite target, train spotters come a close second and then everything and everyone else is bundled together in the third class humour carriage. but I just have to share with you something I found, which, for some bizarre reason I cannot mock or ridicule! It has to be a first.

I am struck dumb.

.....and then along came 'Norm'


Norm is about as square as you can get. He lives in a world of his own creation. there is no God but Norm in his world. And Norm has grabbed railway modeling under the arms and hoisted her onto a platform so high, it's hard to see anything for the clouds.

Take a look at this Norms Railway

If I were to build a psychological profile for Norm, he would be about 58 years old and single. He probably dabbled in marriage when he was 19, but found that he loved trains better than girls. He is disillusioned with the world as it is, but fortified with an imagination so vivid, he set aside time in order to build a better place.

His bathroom is immaculate, his bed is always neatly made, his fridge is showroom condition and NOTHING is out of date amongst its contents.... actually, that cream cheese looks a bit peaky! He doesn't eat much or even particularly healthy food, does Norm. He shops on Tuesdays, laundry..... well, enough of Norm's personal habits.

How am I doing Norm?

His artwork and modeling are FANTASTIC! He's not puritanical by any means, he likes things to look as they would in 'real' life and if that means squirting some weathering paint on his locomotives and shoveling dirt in the wagons then so be it. The windows on the buildings are designer smeared and there's even authentic dog's mess beside the rails in the sidings.

Here's Norm's blog and I am very happy to provide inbound links for him to bump his blog up in the search engines.

This website here probably won't elevate you to Norm's standard, but it's pretty good nonetheless.

Thanks Norm. I am humbled and out of respect for your work I shall spend an entire day without partaking of ANY self-flagellation.

Thumbs up! (I even resisted the temptation to steal his photographs).
blog comments powered by Disqus