Pages

The Collection - The Disease

Dear Marjorie - My husband is 46 years old and spends most of his time playing with toy trains. He doesn't pay any attention to me these days.

Dear M - You have my deepest sympathy! Unfortunately, this condition is well known and is usually terminal. Very few people ever fully recover. However, you can turn this situation to your advantage! Trainaholics are so oblivious to their surroundings that you can bring as many men back to the house as you want - your man will never know!


Whatever you do though, don't get rid of your train fanatic - they are notoriously good at paying the bills! Blessings

When I first read this letter in a women's magazine I was shocked, devastated, mortified........

It took me a while to comprehend the truth in these words, but I am determined to 'clean up' my act.

No more trains!

The disease started .......... continue reading my incredibly boring history


affiliate_link



Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Refrigerated Box Van - W59850

White Refrigerated Box Van - W59850

This is a bit of a strange item, though I can't think why. It just is - ok?

The all plastic body on a 'Mazac' base (you'll have to read my Feb 19th post 'Hornby Dublo - The Alternative Story' to learn more about Mazac) and plastic wheels drops this baby into the post '58 era.

When Wrenn took over the tools from Tri-ang in 1968, they obviously thought it was such a nifty truck that they continued production, although they slapped a decal on the side saying 'Eskimo' and a picture of a rather non-PC personage wrapped up in seal skin. This caught on more than the Dublo version for I rarely see any of the original HD models floating around.

I have already thrown in my story of the chap who froze in a refrigerated truck, even though it wasn't cold inside, so I won't tell it again here.

Did I?

Here she is:


Not bad looking. A few very minor scuffs and the black wire thingys have become a little bent through vandalism and bad driving. Otherwise she is ready to roll.

Why does the word fridge have a 'D' in it and refrigerate doesn't? ...I think we should blame the Americans once more. Sins of their fathers and all that....
blog comments powered by Disqus